jeudi 17 juillet 2008

long overdue

I arrived in Kigali last night following a 13 hour bus trip and am now comfortably installed in the home of a dear friend. The internet access here seems to be quite good, so I'm hoping to catch up on writing/posting a bit.

This last month has been a blur...a lovely, surreal blur. I fell in love with Uganda instantly. In order to get to the airport, the last stretch is a very low clip over Lake Victoria. Then, upon landing, rather than walking into some pseudo-scifi tunnel, you leave the plan via a set of stairs onto the tarmac and are immediately innundated with lush green beauty. A warm, vibrant, and colorful assault. Complete stimulus overload.

After spending a few days up north in Lira and Apac for work, I settled quite nicely into Kampala. Dusty chaos. Perfect second home for an adoptive New Yorker.

More to come. For now, suffice it to say that I love it here and am having a wonderful time. I can't fathom that I leave in a couple of weeks. How shall I ever reintegrate into the gray?

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Blogs are made for informing! Let us know what's up!


j/k hope you're doing well

=)